Sunday, May 16, 2010

Memories, Apple Blossoms, and Jim's Speaking

Gwen's Letter, May 2:

Dearest Sweetheart,

"It's apple blossom time. Finally the clouds and rain are gone and to-day the sun is shining so brightly and the birds are singing so that it seems just the kind of a day to drive up Parley's and over to our rendezvous. Gee, kid, but I'm lonely for you to-day. . . I'm sending you an apple blossom from the front tree to sort of remind you.

". . .Now I'll proceed to tell you the news . . . 5. I read about your new president being H. B. Brown [Hugh B. Brown]. How do you like that[?]


" . . . hey you said for me to get the Star so I'll renew mine with you because I like to read about what you do and then here's a subscription of 3 months for your mom and send one to Owen's too will you? . . . At least I'm really working with you on your mission. Please let me do more.

"Please write and tell me how you're coming out in your speaking,. . .

"Love me always as I love you, Your sweetheart, Gwen."


Jim's Journal, Sunday, May 2, 1937. Shildon
.

". . .I spoke in the Shildon Conjoint meeting on a subject that was handed me five minutes before I was to talk. I spoke for fifteen minutes and felt very satisfied with my self."

No comments:

Post a Comment