Friday, April 23, 2010

New PJs and Advice on Girls who Wait . . .

Sun. Feb. 28, 1937--
Jim's Journal reads:

"I had tea at Bro and Sis. Pickersgill, and really enjoyed it. We roasted chestnuts and talked and she gave me some real advice on girls. 'If they do wait you don't want them, if they don't wait you do want them, because its only natural to want what someone else wants and decline what no one else cares for.' That evening I was the only speaker [in Middlesboro] for about twenty minutes."

Jim in his new robe.

Gwen's letter dated Mar 1, 1937 declared--

"I got your letter and picture to-day and decided then to sit right down and answer pronto. By the way--those are right smart pajamas you're sporting. . . You know, more dash. You make me feel like a very conservative person. I guess I must rush right up town and get a pair of fancy ones or you'll leave me behind the style. Anyway I kind of liked to see you perched there with those fancy house slippers . . .only why didn't you beam kid? Come on beam for me please. If you will then I'll feel more like beaming too. OK now we're both laughing be careful or it'll be a giggle. Remember how we threw dish water at each other and how you always got the best of me[?] You wait though. I'm going to train for a couple of years and then you dear old 'villain' I'll show who's got the muscle in our family."

No comments:

Post a Comment