Sunday, February 7, 2010

William James Telford's Beginnings



Baby picture of Jim Telford

"It is a popular pursuit to write your own story. No one person knows better than you of the conditions, events, etc. that has made you what you are.
"Since I am the author and lead character, this account will be written in the first expression of 'I.' I seek your indulgence.
"It is January, 2004, and I am in my 90th plus year of life. Life has been good to me. I have had trials of physical well being, social and financial struggles and still survived.
"I am the third child of Robert and Charlotte Lucinda Rock Telford. Five children were born to this English-Irish couple.



Robert and Charlotte Telford with a nephew

"My only sister, Violet--the second child, died at birth. So four (4) sons made up our family. I did not know the value of the female mind in my life. We were a poor, but industrious family, but we did not know how poor we were because we didn't know any other comfort."

No comments:

Post a Comment