Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Growing Up . . .


Pict 3-Gwen in her ninth grade graduation dress

When asked, "What extracurricular activities were you involved in during high school?" Gwen responded:
"I was on the debate team. Our subject was: 'Resolve that unemployment insurance will cure the vicissitudes of the depression.' I got a letter for that and one for being associate editor of the yearbook and school paper. That meant [I] won a gold gradonian necklace which is given for most activities."

When asked, "Who was your favorite teacher?" She wrote, "Miss Ballard was my art teacher in high school and she was assigned to help me write my valedictorian speech when I graduated. We became close" (emphasis added).

(From "Reflections from a Mother's Heart: Your Life Story in Your Own Words," a journal that was a 1998 Mother's Day gift from Charlene--the eldest daughter)


Pict 4- Gwen's senior yearbook picture with praise for her achievements
(click to read)

No comments:

Post a Comment