Monday, February 15, 2010

Who's Jimmie?

In Jim's life history, he writes:

"In 1933 I started to keep a steady relationship with an upstanding girl. Her name was Mary Gwendolyn Wagstaff. She was the catalyst in my life that propelled me to be what I am."

Tucked in the middle of Gwen's 1933 Yearbook (her Junior Year) was this note:

(Dear Gwen,
May all your efforts be wound with success, and our friendship continue through the years is my sincere wish to you. Jimmie Telford "1933")


When asked, "How old were you when you met Dad and what attracted you to him?"
Gwen responded:
"I was sixteen when I noticed Dad [Jim] at a girl friend's party. He was her date, but while she fixed refreshments I entertained him by telling his fortune. Later his mother made him take me home from his brother, Stan's, party. That helped us get better acquainted and we started dating. We went to the ward and school dances and to shows" (From "Reflections from a Mother's Heart," journal entries by Gwen Telford).

No comments:

Post a Comment