Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jim's Mission Call to the British Mission


In his history Jim wrote,
"I have found satisfaction and expression as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormon Church. I was born into a Methodist family, who later converted to the LDS faith. I attended the Methodist Church, the Episcopal Church and remember my experiences in either one.
" . . . In late 1936, I was 'called' to a mission to serve in the British Mission. Joseph Cannon was the president then and he was succeeded by Hugh B. Brown. I arrived in Britain in January of 1937 and was assigned to the Newcastle district."

Gwen's feelings about this mission are shared by Jim in his diary. On Jan 5, 1937, he wrote, "[Gwen] insists that I go so she appears to either want a returned missionary or a college graduate, so she will have her way. I am going and am glad."

No comments:

Post a Comment